Takes to Protect Yourself Online

The first thing that comes to mind whenever I turn on my computer is, "Am I infected?" Now maybe you aren't quite as paranoid as I am, but online privacy is essential, especially when you have a family. Now maybe you're a bit different then me, but I do everything online. I do banking, I even run a business from home and I cannot afford to take the risk of my computer being hijacked by malware. Although there are billions of internet users out there, millions are infected on a daily basis. Scary thought, yeah? In just a few moments, I will be explaining to you how I keep the malware off my machines and off my network.
Now one of the biggest problems out there is people don't realize how essential a firewall is. Most of them don't even know what a firewall is. Allow me to explain what a firewall does for you. A firewall is basically a giant barrier between you and the internet. It blocks in and out requests. Personally I have never used a computer without a firewall for numerous reasons. One of which is I am in most control in defeating most malware from sending out my information to their servers.
Free Recommend Firewalls:
• ZoneAlarm
• OnlineArmor
Now the firewall I use is OnlineArmor. It's probably one of the best firewalls I have ever used and I have used a lot of them dating to this article. Although I am currently not using ZoneAlarm, I have used it and have recommended it to my family members. Both of these are completely free and protect your computer for bad in and out requests. You're always in control with a firewall protecting you. Now that you understand how essential a firewall is, I will begin telling you how essential other programs will be such as WinPatrol. WinPatrol is a tool where it allows you to control what goes into your startup. A lot of malware stores in your startup (MSCONFIG). WinPatrol asks you about the program that is about to be saved in your startup. If you click no, it won't store it. If you click yes, you will store it in your startup menu.
Next part of this article is about your anti-virus. Most people are falsely educated about the actual power an anti-virus actually has. Don't get me wrong, there are some anti-virus programs out there that are top notch, but just an anti-virus alone won't stop most infection nowadays. Malware has been progressing and becoming harder and harder to detect and control. You're going to need more than just your anti-virus in order to remain safe online. As you can see, I told you about the Firewall, Startup Control. Below are some programs I highly recommend as they have fast detection rates, non-harsh resource usage.
Free Recommend Anti-virus's:
• Avira
• Avast
As you can see, I don't have a list of five or even ten, but I have personally used these and know from experience these have done the job correctly and efficiently. From here is just personal preference. You need to have commonsense on the internet. Sometimes you cannot help from being infected if you don't have self control on your computer. Hopefully this article has helped you out and opened some eyes.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jake_Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Article Hub