Moving With the Currents in Your Business

It is completely useless to fight against currents that are stronger than your arms. You'll just end up tired, dead, or drowned, or close. I learned this the hard way; the first time I went surfing was a nightmare. I was a good swimmer, but no match for the ocean.
I was 18, athletic, and in great shape. I had just moved to the North Shore of Oahu and I wanted to learn to surf. Some "Friends" I had met said they would take me out. With no instruction, we paddled out nearly 15 minutes from shore, which is a considerable distance to get to a break, particularly for a beginner.
I had strong arms so I kept up. I tried to catch my first wave, stood up, and fell right back down. I turned around to paddle back to where the waves were breaking, but kept getting beat in the face with white wash. I paddled against the breaking waves for 2 1/2 hours before I finally turned around and went back to shore in defeat.
As I walked out of the water, one of my "friends" laughed, "You're just getting in? Most people quit in about a half hour!" I was too tired to knock him out, but I was definitely thinking about it. That was the day that I learned about channels.
Water moves towards land, from the ocean, in the shallow spots, and out to sea in the deeper channels. If I had paddled 25 feet to the right, I would have been in a channel that would have carried me right to where I wanted to go. Unfortunately, nobody mentioned that to me.
Tai Chi is a good example of the principle we are discussing. Many of the moves in this martial art use the force of the opponents attack as a weapon against them. Only a drowning fool will try and fight the currents of the ocean, but the power of its mighty waves can often be harnessed to move you in your desired direction.
Lets roll this back a minute and see how it applies to your MLM. You finally "Got One," two weeks later he quits. Choice A: spend a lot of time trying to talk him out of it. Choice B: accept it, move on and go find someone else. I'm going to put it this way, it is a lot harder to raise the dead than it is to have sex and make a new baby.
Usually when someone has quit, there is very little you can do to change their mind, because by the time they tell you they have already made their decision. I can tell you from experience that even if you do manage to talk them back, odds are they are just going to quit again. Quitters Quit, don't try and fight that current, you'll just end up with tired arms. I'm not saying don't take 5 minutes to try, I'm just saying don't get hung up on the result.
Fighting the forces that are outside of your control is a waste of time. Harness the power of the situation. Jim Rohn talked about this concept, and explained that the same wind blows upon all of us, it is not the blowing of the wind that determines our destination, it is the setting of the sail.
Sometimes, when we feel like we are caught in the wrong current, we just need to move a few feet over to the right and we can reach our desired destination.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Aki_Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Article Hub